Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Life

Life is so great, I know I say that over and over and if you know anything about me you would understand why. I am currently recovering from my 4th pacemaker implant. That's right number 4, since I was 10 an electronic device implanted in my body has been the only saving grace from life and death for me. It has been and will continue to be the scariest thing I face, mortality, and yet it is the most common ground we all have with each other. Every day is a little death and we don't even think about it. Well, maybe you don't, but I do. You see I can tell you what death feels like, I can tell you what your body does when your heart stops and the blood slows, I can tell you that you sink into yourself at a depth so quickly that you have to realize that your soul has to be bigger than life. If death happens so quickly then why are we so slow to live our life? You have to realize that it is in an instant, seconds maybe that you are no longer living, and in that moment of fade everything in your life comes back to you. Your choices, your family, your decisions about everything you have done or not done. Saying I love you, I'm sorry, I can't, I will or just saying something is no longer a choice at this moment, so I say make that choice now. There should be no questions unanswered if you are paying attention in your life, so do yourself a favor and check all the way in while you are here, because there is no second chance.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Jen,

You are so right, we are on this beautiful earth for such a short period of time. We need to live and love our life to the fullest potential. Enjoy our Blessings, Our Spouses, our children and families and our Friends. God bless you!