Monday, April 23, 2012

Self Discovery

It's been 31 days since open heart #3; I am feeling so grateful while still in some pain I reflect back to what it was like to take a deep breath then and now. It is such a dramatic difference in just a short period of time what a difference I feel. The Dr's say that this is nothing short of amazing since this type of surgery is not performed on adults. I was the 1st patient of this Dr. and am the 7th person in this Country to have my pacemaker implanted and wired in the current way it is. My medical  file is already being requested to teach and lecture on. Being able to possibly save another person's life by trying to save my own is completely unbelievable and humbling. I have spent most of my life fighting for just that, living each day with heart, sticking up for myself, being an advocate where I felt it was necessary and not backing down for anything. I know to the core what kind of person I am and who I will continue to strive to be. I look forward to the opportunity I have been given, it's not wrapped up all pretty sometimes; but the layers I get through are glorious. They are moments in time that continue to teach me, continue to challenge me and will continue to remind me to be Thankful for every bit of my life that I have the honor of living.

No comments: