Sunday, October 19, 2008

Garage Sale Showdown

Well, to those who have these; hats off to you. I am so tired of being talked down from a dollar to fucking .25 cents I could almost kill someone. My faith in humanity diminished in a 4 hour period over a picture frame, some perfume and the stink eye’s I received when I would not budge on price. Why is it that people think garage sales are cheap? I don’t remember posting a prize or a special offer to the 1st 50 people who showed up, yet the expectations of the patrons sure are of those on another planet. I so wanted to say to someone… ‘Have you seen the market? This is a deal so save you 3.09 a gallon of gas and stay home if you can’t break out 1 flippin dollar.” Driving up in a new SUV or a Mercedes @ that… Sheesh…. Thank goodness for Goodwill and Amvets, you better believe I will be donating before I have to deal with another whiney patron @ the crack ass of dawn carrying quarters. Take your ass to the thrift store for my stuff, I am outta this game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People go to gargae sales and expect really giveaways. we had a neighborhood grarge sale the other day and I couldn't believe the things I purchased for so little. it was fun but i'm not going to ask for a 75% off the gargae sale price! Two of the items I bought were way to good to pass up but I had to write checks for them. I forgot how fun it could be to spend a saturday morning picking through trash and treasure. But is having a grage sale worth it? I would rather donate it all then spend time sorting and pricing and then making $40 at the end of the day, because no one wants to spend more than a quarter! My time is worth more than that. Craigs list is great for anything big.

Terri Burges Hirning said...

Amen Sister. I found a great organization that helps young teen moms so I have been donating to them a lot and saying fuck it to the garage sales. Plus out here, we ARE one of the ritzier areas so all the other folks from other areas come trolling for a steal. Uh uh mother fuckers, homie don't play that! You want to pay $.25 but then you ask if I have change for a $20??? WTF? However, these white people do tend to mark things down, I have benefited from that here, lol.