Monday, March 2, 2009

Are you connected?

It's funny how connected we have become through the Web, Chat, IM etc, but how connected are you to your friends and family? For our family we work hard to maintain this. We sit down for dinner almost every night, have quiet time together and still go to friends houses to play board/family games. I think what most people have lost by staying so connected with the world is a loss of their family connection. I don't see how the world is going to get better until we start turning off our phones, logging off the computer and re-connecting with people face to face. It seems that we are showing our children that relationships only exist electronically, and the emotions that are tied with talking and being with someone are not important. That we can validate each other with the click of a mouse, or a response to an e-mail. I'm sorry for me, its not enough. I do maintain both, however the people who mean the most to me know it, because we take time for each other, we laugh, cry and talk in person, and our children will do the same. I think the world needs to check out in order to check in.

Can you?

No comments: